2017 Calendar of Services
January 13 – Sabbath Eve Service
January 27 – Sabbath Eve Service followed by Shabbat Dinner
February 10 – Sabbath Eve Service
February 24 – Sabbath Eve Service followed by Shabbat Dinner
March 10 – Sabbath Eve Service
March 17 – Sabbath Eve Service followed by Shabbat Dinner
April 7 – Sabbath Eve Service
April 11 – Passover Seder
May 5 – Sabbath Eve Service – Torah Service – “Creating the Just Society; A Biblical Perspective”
May 19 – Sabbath Eve Service
June 9 – Sabbath Eve Service
June 16 – Temple Gathering in Provincetown
July 14 – Sabbath Eve Service
July 21 – Sabbath Eve Service in Provincetown
August 11 – Sabbath Eve Service in Provincetown
August 18 – Sabbath Eve Service
September 8 – Sabbath Eve Service
October 13 – Sabbath Eve Service
October 27 – Sabbath Eve Service followed by Shabbat Dinner
November 3 – Sabbath Eve Service
November 17 – Sabbath Eve Service followed by Shabbat Dinner
December 1 – Sabbath Eve Service
December 22 – Sabbath Eve Service followed by Shabbat Dinner
Central Reform Temple Oneg Shabbats: Instructions for Sponsors
See the Temple calendar (Temple Calendar) for scheduled Oneg dates and volunteers.
To volunteer to sponsor an Oneg, please send an email to Tannus Schlam (email@example.com). Please let Tannus know if your hosted Oneg is for a special occasion.
You may either host in person, or sponsor an Oneg via a donation of $55, through the website or by sending a check. If you choose to host by way of donation, everything will be set up and cleaned up for you. Multiple hosts are encouraged: please coordinate with each other the items you are bringing.
Setting up before the Service
There will be plenty of people to assist in the set-up and clean-up of your hosted Oneg.
1. The one item that it is essential for you to bring is 2 loaves of pre-sliced challah.
2. Examples of additional items, as you wish, include cheese/crackers, crudité, fresh fruit , hummus and pita, nuts, dried fruit, cookies, a cake, or a favorite recipe.
3. Be at the Parish Hall at 5:45 pm for set-up. On days when there will be a Shabbat dinner in the Parish Hall, set up on the large table in the vestibule.
4. Supplies are stored in our CRT closet in the Parish Hall (middle set of closet doors). Napkins, plates, small plastic cups, etc…
5. Wine is in the Sacristy, located between the main sanctuary and Lindsey Chapel. For access, ask a Sexton or clergy.
6. Pre-pour wine in small cups before the service. We provide Manischewitz Concord Grape wine and a “regular” red wine. Also put out a pitcher of water.
Cleaning up after the Oneg
7. If any platters or utensils from the kitchen are used, they should be cleaned and returned.
8. Unopened wine should be returned to the Sacristy.
9. Remaining paper goods and supplies should be placed back in the CRT closet.
If you have a question, the Church Sextons are will be near-by and knowledgeable. Contact Merle Marquis, Todd Katzman, or Jill Silverstein as well.